Saturday, July 24th was my last night on the ship and in Africa but home was not my first stop. When I bought my tickets for Africa I decided to spend a few days in Switzerland visiting relatives. I was not sure what to expect of my time in Switzerland but I was looking forward to connecting with family. I arrived on July 25th in the morning. First, task was to drive by Lake Geneva and then on to one of my cousins’ houses for breakfast and then lunch with the family. After breakfast Yves suggested a walk. Although I was tired from my flight I felt great to stretch my legs. We walked by a river with a slight waterfall. It was such a great reminder of how great our God is. That he created such beauty
When we arrived back at the house Yves sister, Fabienne and her husband had arrived for a brief visit before then headed to Spain on vacation. We had sushi and the only other time I have had it I was unable to swallow it but I tried here again.
Ok so it is not a favorite but I do know that I could eat it if it was placed in front of me but no Shannon, Becky, and Maria, I will not go out for Sushi with you.
I then headed to Jacqueline and Eduoard’s house where I was staying. After I arrived at the Trottet’s I decided to take a nap and shower before more family arrived. We had dinner with Bernard and Ordeile, Vincent, Gregory, Paulette and Andre, and my hosts. This was the first time I really started taking about my trip and showing picture. This was difficult because I was still processing and there was a language barrier for some.
On Monday, we headed out for a picnic with more family in Aigle. We were in the mountains overlooking Lake Geneva. I was excited to see the family and meet new ones. Here is a picture of part of the family that was there.
After the picnic, I headed with Jean Claude and family to the Chalet farther up the in the Swiss Alps. I spent the night here with the family. For dinner we had a traditional Racullete, which I was told the goal is to eat the most. After dinner, I played a form of Dutch Blitz with the two older kids for a while. Even without being able speak or understand very well we were able to communicate. The next morning after breakfast four of us headed out on a hike in the Alps. I am not sure I know what I was getting into. I headed out with Jean Claude, Berntando, and Samuel to the first summit. It was an easy climb at first but them it started to get steeper. Here are some pictures.
After we reached the first summit we went to meet the rest of the group for the last part of the hike.
After hiking and a small lunch it was time for me to take the train back to the Trottet’s to pack and get ready to head home. On the train I was able to just sit and relax. I put my IPOD in and looked out the window. As I was listening and watching the mountains float by the song “How Great is our God” came on and I was once again reminder of God’s greatness.
The splendor of a King,
clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice,
all the earth rejoice
He wraps himself in light,
and darkness tries to hide
it trembles at his voice,
trembles at his voice
How great is our God,
sing with me
How great is our God,
and all will see
How great
How great is our God
And age to age He stands
and time is in His Hands
Beginning and the End,
Beginning and the End
The Godhead, three in one
Father, Spirit, Son
the Lion and the Lamb,
the Lion and the Lamb
How great is our God,
sing with me
How great is our God,
and all will see
How great,
How great is our God
Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God
Name above all names
you are worthy of all praise
and my heart will sing
how great is our God
How great is our God,
Sing with me
how great is our God,
and all will see
How great,
How great is our God
No comments:
Post a Comment