About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

THE SANDYLAND

On Thursday we went to the beach for our last field trip. Last time we went to the beach we had a blast, jumping in the waves and being out in the sun. Once again I had a preschooler to watch over. Luke was a little bit more fearful then Max. He would go to the water line and then run away for the wave. I was able to plant myself in the water and watch him run to the water and then away. The preschoolers left at noon so I was free to play with the bigger kids and body surf in with the waves.

After playing for a while and counting heads of those in the water, Libby, one of the first graders came down to swim with me. We would stand in the water waiting for the next wave to come so we could jump over it. After a while, Libby started to let her feet go out from under. She would hold on to me and let her legs float and go with the waves as they came in and out. After repeatedly doing this with Libby and two other kids, I was reminded of the song Sandy land Kid’s Praise 2.

Don't build your house on the sandy land,

Don’t build it too near the shore.

Well, it might look kind of nice but you'll have to build it twice,

Oh, you'll have to build your house once more.

You've got to build your house upon the rock,

Make a good foundation on a solid spot

Oh, the storms may come and go,

But the peace of God you will know.

As Libby and I stood there in the water playing in the waves I started singing this song with her. We probably sang it 12 times. It reminded me that it is so easy to build your house and our lives on false beliefs and forget about the rock in our lives. Libby, Megan, and Shalom knew to hold on to me or they would be under the water. It was such a good reminder to me to follow their example of clinging to the rock.

DSC09242 DSC09228 DSC09227 DSC09263 DSC09236

No comments:

Post a Comment