August of 2007 brought about many changes for me; a new town, a new state, a new job, and a new church. All these news brought about lots of goodbyes; goodbye New Hampshire, good bye my church, goodbye family and friends, goodbye the ability to serve at camp. Although I was excited about this new adventure, was also fearful. This summer brings about a lot of the same feelings.
I was sitting in church one Sunday at the end of 2009 and I heard the song HERE I AM by Downhere. After hearing that song, the chorus continued to flow through my head. The chorus says this: “Here I am, Lord send me, All of my life, I make an offering, Here I am, Lord send me, Somehow my story, Is a part of your plan, Here I am” As the song went through my head, the chorus turned into a prayer for me, as I began to think about my summer and what I was going to do with my time. I began to ask God to show me where he wanted me for the summer. In February of 2010, I received an email from Mercy Ships announcing the need for Summer Program assistants for the summer of 2010. As I began to think about this I got excited about how God was going to use me this summer. After praying about it, filling out applications and waiting, I finally got word that I would be serving on the Africa Mercy this summer. Although I am excited to see how God is going to use me this summer, I am also fearful. I am leaving what I know; my home, my church, my family and friends, and my country. I know that my summer will be filled with many adventures and experiences. Over the past three years God has brought me back to the Psalm 37:3-4,7 Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. many times and they have become my life verses. I know that if I trust in God and wait on him, He will use me in an amazing way. I have clung to these reminders and will continue to as I embark on this journey.
As I prepare for this journey I want to keep those of you who have supported me on this journey. I will keep you up to date on my fundraising, what I am learning from God, and how you can pray for me. Thank you for following me on my journey.
Serving Him,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment