So, this week I began the journey of what vaccinations I need to get. Part of this journey includes tracking down my medical records. I was not sure exactly where these were. I had called both my Dr's office from NH and the one that I had for part of a year in MA and was coming up with dead ends or no returned phone calls. I needed these records for not only my Dr here but to see what shots I needed. After many unreturned phone calls I finally got to talk to someone in NH. Low and behold my records were there. AMEN this was Monday at 2:00 I had an appointment at 3pm for Malaria stuff and any other shots I needed. I was hoping that they could just fax the records for me but they could not. I filled out the form for my records to be sent and they should be in my hands by Friday. This solved the problem of where my medical record where but not the what shots I needed to get from the doctor on Monday. So on the way to the Dr's I talked to my mom about what I had as a child. Measles, Mumps, and Rubella CHECK, Polio CHECK, Tetanus CHECK. Three shots that I did not have to get but looking at the list of highly recommended one, they didn't make a dent. When I got to the Dr's, they had been looking for a list of shots for my regions, mind you I was thinking lets get the Malaria medicine and talk about shots for later. My Doctor was able to go through the list and tell me whether I would have had them as a child. This knocked out some more shots. I was down to three yes and two that I needed to look into. My Doctor appointment was at 3pm but I did not see my Dr. until 3:45 pm. I then waited around for two of my shots until 4:15pm. I can sit hear and complain that I was at the doctors for over and hour but I have to Praise God. In this process, I was able to not only share what I was doing with my Doctor but with also two nurse.
Well, the doctor's appointment is over but I do still have to get my Yellow Fever Vaccine and I am still checking on a Rabies one. I am also hoping to get the Typhoid vaccine in pill form. Speaking of pills, after going to the doctors, I stopped at the pharmacy to drop of my prescriptions for Malaria and for migraines. Too many pills I say but if it they keep me healthy I am all for it. I dropped off my prescription and said that I would pick them up the next day. Some time around Lunch yesterday I got a phone call from the Pharmacy asking if I would like them to call my insurance company so I could fill more then one refill at a time since I would be out of the country. What a blessing! I was not even thinking this.
As I was preparing for the day today with my kids one of my mom's from last year walked in and said is it OK if I give you something. I said yes. In she walks with a plastic bag with a package inside. I have already been blessed through this experience, so receiving this was huge. Inside the package was not only money for my trip but also a journal, where on the outside she had typed and decorated my verse Psalm 37:3-4,7. I just about cried as I looked at. Thank you so much for this blessing. I will cherish it while I am in Africa.
As I continue to trust,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment