About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FEVER, FEVER, I'VE GOT TOGO FEVER

Saturday marked the four week mark. As I a begin to wind down the school year and prepare for my trip. I find myself wanting everything to slow down so I can remember it all. I am starting to make lists of everything that I need to  for the end of the year and for Togo. Right now the lists are in my head but I think tonight I will be writing down the list just so I can cross things off.
As of Monday I have a little over 1/3 of my support in for my trip. I am feeling so blessed by this and the notes of encouragement I have received. I have always felt stressed about money and making ends meet but with this trip I have felt completely at ease regarding the money side of this trip. I am still fearful and scared at points but the feeling of being a blessing and being blessed has taken over.
This is fever week for me. Today, I picked up my typhoid fever vaccine and tomorrow I will be getting the yellow fever vaccine in my arm. It looks like as of tomorrow I will be completely protected from every possible disease  out there. Well, except maybe Rabies and I have decided not get that shot, I will trust that God will keep that away.
Tonight is the night. My dad and I are going to book my flight to Togo tonight. I so am excited.
Trusting In Him,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment