About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Smile on my Face and a Tear in my Eye

Over the past week, we have been studying the ocean in my classroom; one of my favorite themes to study because I get to bring in Cape Cod to the classroom. Over the years I have done different things to decorate my classroom for this theme. This year I was adventurous. I had purchase two kiddy pools a few years ago for my classrooms end of the year beach party on the field. This year I brought them inside with the idea that I would put different things in them on different days. I was really only planning on using one pool but when I got to school, Wednesday I said to Rosemarie I am going to use both pools. So before devotions I set both pools out and in one I put sand toys and the other I put water toys. I also put out two beach towels and sunglasses for them to play with. I went to devotions and when I came downstairs to the classroom. My kids were in the pools playing and having a ball. I said to a mom "I guess we don't need anything in them." I had kids pretending to jump in the pools, as well. It did nothing for me but put a smile on my face. What more could I ask then to have 13 students having a ball in empty pools. Just wait until I put water and sand in them; which I did later on that morning. It was a great start to the morning.


That afternoon I was scheduled to have my Yellow Fever Shot, which I was not looking forward to but I got through it. I went back to school after my shot to find that RoseMarie had prepped all of our letter pages for this week. What a blessing to have her there picking up pieces I am forgetting.

After watching a very intense Softball game, I came home to find to find that my passport had arrived as well as more financial support. As I opened each envelope I was stuck once again by how generous people are being for this trip and how GOD is completely providing everything exactly when I need it.

It was Friday afternoon after coming home; I received a support letter from my Aunt Judy that brought a tear to my eye. My aunt has been a great help to me over the years. She has been a shoulder to cry on, given me a roof over my head, and encouraged me when I was discouraged. She became a second mom to me. In her note to me she let me know that the money was from my Uncle's Memorial Fund. I was completely blown away and had to call my mom who also went to tears.



I began reading the book facing your Giants, when I found out that had this opportunity and I am still amazed at how God took someone a lowly as a Shepherd boy and used him to defeat a Giant. I cannot wait to see how He uses me this summer in Togo.

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to hear how the Lord is continuing to provide for you, Heather! Keep trusting in Him...

    ReplyDelete