About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Monday, June 21, 2010

AFRICA MERCY

As most of you are probably wondering how it is onboard the Africa Mercy, I thought I would give you a glimpse.

My cabin is a four berth as they call it. It contains two sets of bunk, four closets, a sitting area and a bathroom. I have a bottom bunk.

clip_image001clip_image002

clip_image003 clip_image004 clip_image005

The shower head hits my head if I stand up straight in the shower and if we move the shower head it floods the bathroom.

clip_image006clip_image007

The ship has 8 decks.

There is a Starbucks on deck 5 which is called the town square.  Drinks here range from $.50-to $1.50

The Academy is on deck 6 and 7. Very high tech equipment here at the school. I want some of it in my classroom.  I will take picture of the Academy and post. My heart melted when I saw the preschool classroom!!!! It is so cute.

There are flat screen TV place around Decks 5 and 6 which at the moment is show the World Cup.  Having 30 nations represented on the ship there is never any lack of people sitting around watching the game.

The hospital is on deck 3. I am hoping to be able to watch a surgery while on board but also I want to be able to connect with some of the patients.

The dining room is like camp except the food is a little better and the tables are smaller. There is always peanut butter and jelly, Nutella, (no fluff) and fixings for grilled cheese sandwiches. The drinks are always available to us.

I am still getting lost but I think by the end of five weeks I will be navigating fairly well around the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment