About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Are you listening to what God is telling you to do?

I was reading in Ezekiel the other day, and it struck me how easy it is for us to hear God’s voice but difficult to put it in action. My devotional on Thursday morning was entitled “When You Don’t Want to Listen” The beginning lines say this “God’s voice can humble us, stand us up, and strength us to hear more. A glimpse of His glory puts us on our face; a touch of His Spirit sets us on our feet. Only then are we ready to hear his voice. We must be prepared to hear his voice because what we hear when the voice speaks may not always be what we expect or want to hear!”  Over the past couple of months, I have really been listening to what God wants me to do in my life.  In February, I began a journey that I was not sure would turn out to be anything but a dream but that the dream is becoming a reality.  In October, I could have just listened to the song and did nothing about it but I made the chorus my prayer for the summer. I know without a doubt that God has placed me at Loudonville Christian School so that I can touch the lives of the little ones who walk through my doors but I also know that I want my summers to make a difference to one person. In the past I have tutored, babysat, and worked at camp but I felt that this summer needed something more too it. In February, I received an email from Mercy Ship saying that they needed a summer program assistants and I say that’s something I could do, but I was a little hesitant to do anything about it. Well, I did follow through to see if God had this in store for me. Well, I sit here know thinking over the past months and all that God has shown me and I am so glad that I not only heard his voice saying Go but that I listened and followed through. In three days I leave NY to head to my mom and dad’s in Stoughton, MA from there I leave on Friday evening for Paris and then TOGO, AFRICA!!! I am so excited for this adventure and to see what more God is going to teach me.

Through this journey I have already learned that God will provide for everything and then some.

  • I leave on Friday, completely supported not only financially but in prayer.
  • I leave on Friday, feeling fearful but full of excitement.
  • I leave on Friday, clinging to the fact that God will never leave me or forsake me.
  • I leave on Friday, knowing that God is my provider, protector, comforter, and friend.
  • I leave on Friday, knowing that God’s kindness, mercy, and love for me are inexhaustible
  • I am so excited to see what God is going to do in the next five weeks.

As I take off this week I ask you to join with me in prayer

  • For Sandy and family over the loss of her husband George this weekend. I pray that she feels God’s arms wrapping around her.
  • For final details in my classroom to be wrapped up smoothly and without any hiccups.
  • For safe travel to MA, Paris, and Togo.
  • For all the last minute details to come together.

Thank you all for you support and prayers.

Trusting in Africa,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment