Sing for joy in the Lord, O righteous ones;praise is becoming to the upright . Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; sing praises to Him with a harp of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully with a shout of joy. Psalm 33:1-3
At the moment, I feel that the praises are out weighing the prayer requests.
I am praising God daily for giving me this opportunity to serve him. I am also excited to see him working out every situation.
Over the last week, I found myself continually praising God for all he had provided.
On Tuesday, my dad and I sat in front of our computers, me in NY and dad in Stoughton looking for airfare from Boston to Togo with the possible opportunity to visit family in Switzerland on the way back. I have been looking at airfare for this trip from day one and the price I was finding was $3200.00 from Boston to Togo and back. This did not include a stop in Switzerland. While were we looking at airfare both dad and I were coming up with price all over the place. We found prices from $2000 to $4000 plus in airfare. I was beginning to think that stopping to visit family on the way home was not going to be an option. My dad did a search one more time and found a flight that allowed me not only to visit Switzerland but for almost a thousand dollars cheaper than what I had budgeted. Praise the Lord! We did not book my flight right away because we wanted to make sure that my Suisse cousin were going to be around while I was there. We decided also to see if a travel agent could find a better price than we did. No such luck with that. On Friday, my dad called me as my students were being picked up from schools saying he needed my passport number in order to book my flight. I was at school and my passport was at home. Problem I still have three hours in my day. I run home on my lunch break for get my passport for my dad. I give him the number and he enters in the credit card information. All of the sudden the computer tells him to call Air France to finish booking because something was wrong on the information. My dad looked over the information he filled in and noticed that instead of Ms Heather Crosbie, he had put Mr. Heather Crosbie, which does not match the name on my passport.
In this story, I have many praises; first, is that my passport arrived on Wednesday, second, I booked my flight on Friday, and third, my flight was a thousand dollars less then what we first expected. I also received my visa waiver today, so it looks like all my paperwork is in order.
I am also praising God for bringing in the support I’ve needed at just the right moment. As on Sunday, I have about 2/3 of my support in for Togo.
Please continue to be in prayer for
~ me as I prepare to leave the known and walk into the unknown
~for my health, I have just finished up all my vaccines that have been recommended for me. I will begin Malaria meds on June 16th
~for my financial support
~for those on board and for those I will be working with
and lastly
~ pray for the end of the school you for go smoothly
No comments:
Post a Comment