All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe I hate to go.
So this is the song that was going through my head since yesterday morning. Yes, my bags are packed but knowing me I will repack them before I leave to go. I still need to weigh them to make sure I am under 50lbs. I arrived at Mom and Dad’s yesterday evening but before I left NY I faced many funny situations that just help me to see that God’s hand is in this. In the mail on Tuesday, I received a letter from the Commissioner of Juror for Rensselaer County. The first thing that went through my mind is “I am leaving for 6 weeks and I am being called for Jury Duty” Well, it was not a summons for Jury duty but it was a juror questionnaire. This was Tuesday. On Wednesday, I got up packed my car and then headed to school. As I was driving I saw lights in my rearview mirror. I was like what did I do, I was at a stop light? So I have a taillight out which was on the list of item for my dad to have fixed on my car this summer. The officer asked me for my license and registration. Well, my registration was in my glove box but I put my wallet in one of my suitcase so I would not forget it. He took my info and headed to check it out. I now have a form to have filled out, that needs to be mailed back to the Cohoes Police Department stating that the light is fixed. At this point I am already laughing about the happenings of the last 20 hours. What timing for all of this? What more could happen before I leave?
As I was driving home on Wednesday evening, I realized I had forgot to pack extra contacts for my trip. I had the one pair in my contact case but that was in no way going to last me until August. I figured that it would be easy to just pick up a few boxes at Wal-Mart. So last night I found my prescription and this morning I began calling Wal-Mart's in the area to see if they had mine in stock. After three Wal-Mart's and one doctor’s office, I had come up with nothing and found out that my prescription had expired. I called my Dr’s in Latham to have them fax my prescription to 1-800-Contacts so I could have contacts overnighter to me. Well because the prescription was expired they could not send them with out the Doctor’s permission. After lots of phone calls back and forth, my contacts are on the way and I will have them by noon tomorrow. AMEN!!
Trusting,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment