About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Monday, July 19, 2010

ALANTIC OCEAN AFRICAN STYLE

On Friday, we went to the beach with the kids from the Academy and the preschool came with us. I was so excited for this because I love to jump in the waves and ride the waves. When we got to the Academy that morning I found out that I would have a preschooler to watch for the morning. I was super excited for this but was a little disappointed because that means I really was not going to be able to ride the waves. So I headed down to the dock and swiped all the crew tags of the kids. Yes, I felt like I had 19 different identities. Off we go, except it is cold out, the wind is blowing and I really am not looking forward to getting wet but we are going and the kids are excited. We get there and Max, my preschool buddy cannot wait to play on the playground and jump on the trampoline. So we began here.  

clip_image001 clip_image002

After a little while Max was ready to see what was going on, on the beach. He was not yet ready to hit the waves but he enjoyed building and wrecking sand castles. When we left the ship Max’s mom told me that he has no fear, so I was ready for anything on this field trip. Okay, so we are now ready to jump the waves. Max was not too sure about this but I told him that we would just jump over the waves. Here comes the first wave and we were not ready.  No, we did not get knocked over but we didn’t jump the wave. We were ready for the next wave. Max has his swimmy’s on, he has both my hands, and he is ready to jump. That is all it took. We were off to jumping and letting the waves get us. By the end of the morning Max was saying “let’s go closer”, “I got you Miss Heather”, and “jump, jump, jump” We were having a blast. We only got knocked over once where I had to hand Max over in order to get up myself. So we get back to the ship and I am handing out name badges and Max runs into the dining hall to meet his parents. As I am going after him and my bathing suit cover up falls of as I walk in to the dining hall. I turned bright red, went back out, composed myself, and then went back in to make sure Max got to his Mom and Dad.clip_image003 clip_image004

No comments:

Post a Comment