About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Camera Phenomena

On Sunday, I went back to the Fishing Village Church. I felt a little more at ease this time because I knew at little bit more of what to expect. There were not camera crews this week. The message we great. I also knew some of the songs because they where ones I had already here. I think I am going to make some copies of songs to bring back and teach my kids. After the service, we great. The church is in the mist of building a new church with a school.  They have parts of the wall up and are still raising funds for the rest of the building. Pastor James invited us to go see the church and pray over it.  After a few minutes, we went over. I took a few pictures.

clip_image001clip_image002This is the church they worship in now. It is a rectangle that has about two side covered with some type of branch, the roof is metal siding, and it is held up with trees for the poles.

Here is what the new building will be like.

clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005

While we were taking pictures the children all wanted us to take pictures. They love seeing themselves. They come up to us and point at the camera to ask. They also are great at posing for the camera. After a few shots it was there turn to snap photos. A lot of them have cut off heads but they just had fun snapping and seeing what came out.  Here are a few shots from the various cameras.

clip_image006clip_image007 clip_image008clip_image009 clip_image010 clip_image011

It is so easy to fall in love with the kids over her eand just want to give to them. They are so open to affection and to outsiders. After taking pictures, I was able to play a little with a few of the boys. One little boy would come up to me and wait for me to tickle him and then run away. We played this for a little while and then a few of the other kids joined in. I loved hearing the laughter. While I am here I want to be a blessing to the people not only on the ship but to the children. I am already thinking of something that my class can do as a mission’s project.  I am hoping to go back one more time before I leave.

Trusting

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment