About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Monday, July 19, 2010

HOLD ON by 33 Miles

Tonight I went up on deck 8 to watch the sunset.

clip_image001clip_image002 clip_image003

I have tried to see one a week since I have been there. They are never the same twice and seeing them from the top of a ship is just amazing. Tonight though I took my pictures and then just sat and thought. It is hard to believe that I have started my last week here in Africa. I have learned so much about myself and who God is this summer. I am excited to share with people how God is working in my heart but tonight as I was thinking about this summer I was trying to pin point one thing that really has changed for me in the past four weeks. AS I was thinking I turned on my IPod to listen to some music as the wind blew through my hair, the waves were crashing on the beach, and the colors from the sunset was spreading through the sky.

The song Hold On by 33 Miles came on.

I've been there a thousand times,
I've felt the rain like a thousand knives.
And it hurts,
I know it hurts!
I've been there like a fighter plane,
Tryin' fly my way through a hurricane.
And it's hard,
I know it's hard!
Don't be afraid,
You'll make it through,
Just call out to me and I'll come running to you!
Hold on, hold on!
When the current pulls you under,
And your heart beats like thunder.
Just give me your hand,
And hold on, hold on!
Until the storm is over,
And I'll be fighting for you.
Just give me your hand and,
Hold on!
I'll give you hope, I'll give you faith!
And if it's dark, I'll light the way,
For you, for you!
By your side, until the end,
Until you're standing tall again!
I'm here, I'll always be here.
And if the tide, sweeps you out to sea,
When your strength is gone, and it's hard to believe!
Hold on, hold on!
When the current pulls you under,
And your heart beats like thunder!
Just give me your hand,
And hold on, hold on!
Until the storm is over.
And I'll be fighting for you,
Just give me your hand!
Ooooo so...
Hold on, hold on!
When the current pulls you under,
And your heart beats like thunder!
Just give me your hand.
And hold on, hold on!
Until the storm is over,
And I'll be fighting for you!
Just give me your hand,
And hold on, hold on!

I fell in love with the song back in February but tonight it took on a new meaning. As life gets tough we need to just hold on to God and the promises he has given us. We need to remember that all we need to do is reach out our hand and God will pull us through the hard times. One of the reason, this took on new meaning was because when you are swimming the ocean it is so easy to be taken by the current or pulled under by the rip tide. After swimming in a strong current you realize how easy it is to lose the fight and let the current take you. This is exactly what can happen when you let life get the better of you and you take you focus and hold off of God. I am so glad to be reminded of this tonight.

IMG00032-20100719-1808

No comments:

Post a Comment