About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Monday, July 12, 2010

A WEEKEND OF FIRST And EVERYTHING ELSE

On Friday Night I went out with the girls for Ice Cream before my friend Julie headed back to the states and Saturday morning I went to BENIN. The country next door to TOGO. We had a great time. Between Friday night and Sunday Evening I have a huge list of first and adventures. I am just going to start listing them.

First Time:

  • picked up by an Africa
  • asked to take an Africa man home to meet my Mom and Dad
  • time using the excuse I am engaged to stop and African man from picking me up.
  • leaving the ship at 5:30 am
  • walking through the port before the sun was up
  • taking a taxi to the Border
  • walking across the Togo/ Benin border
  • having to go trough the VISA lines
  • filing out Visa paper work
  • walking the slave route
  • seeing the country of Benin
  • in Ouidah (where slavery began)
  • learning that the African people sold other African’s into slavery
  • seeing the hold Voodoo really holds on people
  • riding a ZEMI
  • hitching hiking and riding in the back of a pick up truck
  • staying in an African hotel
  • bartering for the price of a ride
  • walking through the POINT OF NO RETURN and the POINT OF RETURN
  • seeing a village on Stilts
  • riding on a boat in an African River
  • seeing how impoverished the country of Benin is (worse than TOGO)
  • a gecko has crawled across me in middle of the night
  • AFRICAN SUNBURN (yes I was wearing sunscreen and reapplying)

I could go into so much detail on all of this but Instead i will just post some photos.

IMG_0642IMG_0646 IMG_0648 IMG_0659  IMG_0671  DSC09626 DSC09547 DSC09603

 

IMG_0687 IMG_0688 IMG_0690 IMG_0699

IMG_0711 IMG_0730 IMG_0701 DSC09674 DSC09721 DSC09678

No comments:

Post a Comment