About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Monday, July 19, 2010

FOU FOU

First time I heard this I thought of Foo Foo the Snoo, a Dr. Seuss character, well that is not what this is. Fou Fou is an African dish that all the locals eat. On Wednesday night a group of 11 of us piled into the truck to hit the FOU FOU BAR in the heart of LOME.

clip_image001

So we got there and the owner started moving other customers so we had a table all together. So here we are a group of white girls and one boy making two locals move, it was just a little uncomfortable.  There were tables inside so we ended up eating inside instead of outside. While we were walking in we saw the pounding of the yams.  I guess before I go any further I should tell you what Fou Fou is. Fou Fou is yams beaten into a dough ball, which you eat with your fingers. You dip the dough into palm soup. Palm Soup is a spicy soup with goat meat.

clip_image002

So we sat down at the table to begin our meal. First things first, we must wash our hands. Here let me pour for you.

clip_image003

On to try the food! At first bite, my mouth was on fire.  But it was good.

Here are some pictures.

clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008clip_image009clip_image010clip_image011clip_image012clip_image013 clip_image014 clip_image015

Although it was good it was so spicy and hot in temp that I could not eat it all.  The whole time I was eating I thought that Rebecca and Meredith would love this because they are the spice girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment