About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Friday, June 25, 2010

PHOTO OP

clip_image001

We are making videos for the opening of each morning about Heroes. So we walked about the ship today to take videos of the heroes on the Africa Mercy. We walked down to the hospital ward to get some of the doctors and nurses. As we walked on the floor a little boy was walking with one of the nurses toward us. HE saw my camera and got excited. He took my camera out of my hands and turned it on and took a picture of me.

clip_image002

He then proceeded to take pictures of nurses on the floor. He got us to stand in groups with his mom to take pictures. He then would hand the camera off to other people so he could have his picture taken with us. Here are a few shots he took.

clip_image003 clip_image004clip_image005

After a few minutes, he saw a nurse he know and ran and jumped in to her arms. He then looked at me and had me take their picture.clip_image006

The entire time, we were down there he had a huge smile on his face and was giggling. Just before we headed back upstairs he took my camera again and said “my photo” with a big laugh. I said no and he gave it back to me. I am going to try to print a few of the photos so he can have them.

This made my day. Just seeing his smile and that we are making a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Heather... I have a feeling that you were smiling the whole time as well! Praying for you! May God also bless you with good ideas, patience and endurance!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete