About Me

My photo
I have been the Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Loudonville Christian School for 4 years. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education as well as a degree in Liberal Arts. I have taught a variety of grades but enjoy teaching Pre–K the best. I enjoy seeing students learn new things. I have 3 siblings and 7 nieces and nephews. I am originally from Boston, love the ocean and the BOSTON RED SOX. One of my favorite units to teach is Dr. Seuss.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Showers of Blessings

Over the past couple of days it has been rainy and overcast here in NY, but for me they have been showers of blessings. On May 3rd, I received word that I had the amazing opportunity to be serving this summer on the Africa Mercy teaching 3rd through 5th graders. Looking at the time I had,  how much I needed to do, and how much money I needed to be able to do this, I just about had a nervous breakdown. Yes, I know the Bible tells us to not be anxious about anything but with prayer and petition bring your requests to the Lord, but I am human and I worried a little about how this was all going to come together in just 6 weeks. Well, I have a week and a half left before I fly to Togo and everything is coming together. I have a plane ticket, a passport, vaccinations, medications, a visa waiver, clothing, and I think all my support (I won’t really know this until I get home but I think so). I have been so blessed by so many already through this journey I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in the coming week before I leave and in the weeks I am gone.  I never imagined that I would feel God’s pushing me through the door more than I do in this. I have stepped through many doors in my life thinking God has opened them but in this instance I can see God’s hand on the door knob.

I have a lot to do in the next couple of days to prepare for this trip but tomorrow is a day I look forward to and dread all year. Every year in Pre-K, we have a closing program to send our kids on their way. Although this is sad for me as a teacher, I love to show their parents what they have learned all year. This year’s theme is “I’m special; I’m God’s special child”. 

In the next few days, I am asking you to pray for me as I tie up loose ends and wrap up the year. I also ask you to pray for me to get restful nights in the coming days.

Trusting,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Heather... I am so excited to see what the Lord is doing in your life! What a testimoney to HIS faithfulness! Thank you for sharing. I will be praying for you... can't believe that you leave so soon! Keep us posted!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, Abby, Terri and I will be praying for you each day you are gone.

    ReplyDelete